We are excited to announce that we will be reopening our resort beginning June 1, 2020! Please read on for a complete list of our thorough COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols that make it possible for us to safely welcome you back to the beach.
Life at Ocean Village has been a bit strange lately, to say the least! With no friendly guests at our door, empty beaches, and lots of hope, we have been waiting patiently to see how our fellow British Columbians do at flattening the curve of this global health pandemic. We are so happy to say that we will be reopening our doors on June 1, to Canadian residents only at this time. If you are hoping to visit us from outside of Canada, please hold tight as we await further changes to our policy and will be happy to welcome you again soon!
We have been keeping an eye on our local government and province and their inclusion of resorts in Phase 3 of the BC Restart Plan. As we get ready to welcome guests back to Ocean Village, we want to ensure you that we will be reopening in a way that adheres to all government recommendations and WorkSafe BC protocols. We have used this in-between time to come up with a ‘new normal’ for our resort, taking into consideration the health and safety of our guests, staff and local community. Number one on everyone’s mind is of course sanitization – something we are taking extremely seriously.
Cleaning and Sanitization
- We have purchased an Electrostatic disinfectant machine that will be used routinely to spray down each room after check out. This technology safely eliminates COVID-19, allowing our staff to then efficiently clean as usual.
- We have installed hand sanitizer stations throughout the property, for easy access by all guests and staff.
- We have changed our check-out time to 10 am, in order to give our cleaning staff enough time to properly disinfect cabins and clean before any new guests arrive.
- All staff will be wearing gloves masks when cleaning cabins and performing various daily duties throughout the property.
- Any communal areas (such as the BBQ area) will be disinfected multiple times a day.
- We will be handling all check-ins and outs virtually, meaning you will not be entering the office to process your stay (instructions will be sent to all incoming guests).
- We have installed Plexiglass at the front desk, should you need to enter the office for any reason.
- We have removed all merchandise from our front office in order to reduce contact with those who may not make a purchase. If you are interested in purchasing any of our awesome merchandise (mugs, sweatshirts, t’s and much more!) please let a staff member know and they will be happy to assist you.
- We will be staggering our bookings so that our resort will not be booked to capacity, allowing guests more space on the property and beach, as well as added peace of mind.
Important Information For Guests
- If you have booked a stay with us (either by email, phone or online), please except a thorough list of pre-travel recommendations to be sent to you for review prior to your arrival.
- We ask that if you or anyone in your party has recently traveled and/or has recently exhibited any cold or flu symptoms whatsoever, to please change your booking to a later date. There will be no penalties for re-booking.
- Please use your judgment and do not travel to Tofino if you or anyone in your party has been in contact with anyone ill or diagnosed with COVID-19.